Assistant Legal Adviser ONGC 2019
OIL AND NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LIMITED – ONGC JOB
Advt. No. 2/2019 (R&P)
Recruitment of Assistant Legal Adviser through CLAT-2019 Examination for LLM
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (ONGC), a “Maharatna” Public Sector Enterprise, and India’s flagship energy major is engaged in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas in India and abroad. A global player in energy, it contributes about 65% of India’s domestic Oil and Gas production. Currently, ONGC through its subsidiary ONGC Videsh is India’s largest Transnational Corporate with overseas investment of over 10 billion USD in 21 countries.
ONGC offers one of the best compensation packages in cost to company (CTC) terms in the country with opportunity of merit-oriented advancement in a professionally managed organization focused on growth.
ONGC is looking for young, promising and energetic persons with bright academic record to join the organization as Assistant Legal Adviser at E1 level.
The pay scale is in the grade of Rs. 60,000- 1,80,000/- with an increment of 3% per year. Besides Basic Pay, the employee is entitled to allowance @ 35% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, Dearness Allowance, HRA/Company Accommodation, Contributory Provident Fund, Conveyance Maintenance, Substantial Performance Related Pay (PRP), Medical Facility for self and dependents, Gratuity, Post Retirement Benefit Scheme and Composite Social Security Scheme as per Company rules.
Details of Posts:
|S. No.||Designation & Level||No. of Posts|
|1||Assistant Legal Adviser – E1 Level||5||2||1||1||0||09*|
|Post Identified Suitable for PWD||Reserved for PWD|
*Reservation for PWDs:
2 posts reserved for PWD (VH) which includes 1 backlog post reserved for PWD(VH) category of 2018 recruitment drive (Advt.2/2018(R&P)), if suitable candidate of VH category is not available against 1 backlog post then PWD candidate of other identified category may be considered through interchange of PWD category. In case the suitable candidate of other identified category of PwD is also not available by interchange of category than post may be filled by other than a person with disability.
Abbreviations Used: B=Blind, LV= Low Vision, OAL= One Arm & One Leg, OL= One Leg, BL=Both Legs,
- Minimum Eligibility Criteria
|Category of posts||Age limit as on 01.01.2019||Essential Qualification|
|Unreserved,EWS||30 years||Graduate Degree in Law (Professional) with minimum 60% marks.
Practicing advocate with 3 years of experience would be preferred for all categories.
|40 years (further relaxed by 3 yrs for
OBC and 5 years for SC,ST)
|Departmental candidates||Age relaxation will be extended to departmental candidates to the extent their services rendered in ONGC|
|35 years (Notification
No.39016/10/79-Estt(C) dated 15.12.1979, 36034/1/2006-Estt(Res) dated 04.10.2012, OM.36034/2/2013Estt(Res) dated 08.04.2013)
- The degree offered by Institutions/ Universities should be approved/ recognized by the necessary statutory bodies for employment to posts and services under the Central Government like Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE etc.
- Wherever CGPA/ OGPA/ CPI/ DGPA or letter grade in degree is awarded, equivalent % of marks should be indicated in the application. Calculation of percentage of marks as per University / Institute rules in the qualifying degree shall be applicable .Please also obtain a certificate to this effect from the Univ. / Instt, for submission at the time of interview.
- Students in the final semester of the qualifying course can also apply. However, they must be able to produce mark sheet and course completion certificate with minimum 60% of marks in the essential qualification on or before 31.07.2019 failing which their candidature will be treated as cancelled. In cases where division/ class and percentage equivalence certificate is not given by the Institute for relative grades (CGPA/OGPA/CPI/DGPA etc.), the equivalence will be established by dividing the candidate’s relative grade with maximum possible corresponding scale and multiplying the result with 100.
- As per the notification issued for CLAT Authorities for CLAT-2019, the eligibility criteria is different than that of ONGC but for recruitment for Assistant Legal Adviser in ONGC the minimum eligibility criteria would be as per Para 2 above
- For getting the benefit of reservation under OBC category, the name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ‘Central list of Other Backward Classes’ available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website ncbc.nic.in. The candidates must not belong to creamy layer. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC, will have to submit at the time of interview, caste certificate, ONLY in the prescribed proforma meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidates’ caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognized as OBC and the Village/Town the candidates is ordinarily resident of.
- Prescribed format of the certificate for OBC, SC, ST and PwD against employment in government undertaking are down-loadable from ongcindia.com.
- OBC candidates must ensure that they possess the latest Non-Creamy layer certificate issued by Government from time to time. A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted.
- SELECTION PROCEDURE:
- Eligible candidates meeting age and minimum eligibility criteria of ONGC as para 2 above will be required to appear in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)-2019 conducted by National Law University Odisha(NLUO), Cuttack for the purpose of admission in post graduate programme (LLM) in the National Law Universities. Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria as per para 2 above will be shortlisted on the basis of CLAT2019 Score for Post Graduate courses(LLM) to be held on 12th May 2019 .
- Score from CLAT-2019 examination ONLY is valid for this recruitment exercise under this advertisement. Scores from previous CLAT examinations are not valid.
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of CLAT-2019 Score for LLM as per the criteria decided by the ONGC Management for further selection process subject to their meeting the eligibility criteria with regard to age, qualification etc.
- Final Selection will be on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in CLAT-2019 Examination for LLM, Educational Qualification(Including additional higher qualification i.e. Ph.D only) and performance in personal Interview. The details are as follows.
|Criteria||Allocation of marks|
|Qualification||25 marks (20 marks for essential qualification and 5 marks for inline Ph.D)|
|Weightage of CLAT-2019 Score||60 marks|
(Minimum qualifying marks in Interview UR and OBC -9 Marks SC,ST and PwD-6 Marks)
Candidates have to qualify at each stage/criteria for final selection. If total marks are identical than order of merit will be fixed on the basis of Weightage of CLAT Score and if CLAT Score are identical than the one older in age is considered senior for release for appointment.
- Departmental candidates shall be given first consideration in matters of selection while other things such as qualification, eligibility and selection criteria etc. remain the same.
- HOW TO APPLY:
- Application is a two stage process
i)On-line registration for CLAT-2019 examination for LLM to be held on 12.05.2019 ii) Online Application to ONGC with relevant link available at www.ongcindia.com after paying registration fee, entering the details such as CLAT-2019 registration number and uploading the scanned certificates.
- Candidates are required to first submit their application ON-LINE for CLAT-2019 examination by following the steps prescribed in the information brochure for the examination.
- For detailed information on CLAT-2019 examination for LLM, the interested candidates may log on to https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- On completion of on-line application process, the candidates will be required to take print out of registration slip of CLAT-2019. These documents will also have the CLAT-2019 registration/application No. number of the candidate. Candidates must preserve these documents carefully.
- Candidates after filling the form of CLAT-2019 examination for LLM will apply online at ONGC website ongcindia.com with the relevant link.
- General,OBC and EWS candidates are required to deposit Rs 370 [Registration Fee-Rs 299.20/- plus Bank charges- (Rs 60/- plus GST-10.80/- on Bank charges)] while SC/ST/PWD candidates are not required to deposit any registration fee. Registration fee is non-refundable. Registration fee can be deposited at any branch of State Bank of India through challan. The fee is to be deposited in ONGC Power Jyoti A/C Number 30827318409 of SBI, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun. Payment is to be made as per the designated process only. No other mode of payment would be accepted. Applicants should not deposit fee through instruments like Demand Draft/ Banker Cheques/ IPO, online transfer of money into ONGC account etc.If any applicant makes payment through any such mode fee will NOT be returned/ refunded.Therefore, applicants should pay the fee through downloaded challan form (designated process) only. Please note that application of candidates (General,OBC,EWS) will not be considered without registration fee.
- Online application and payment methodology for registration fee will also be available on the online application site.
- If there is no post for reserved category, candidates belonging to reserved category can still apply for unreserved posts. However age relaxation will not be extended to them.
- Before registering/submitting their online applications on the website the candidates should possess the following :
- CLAT-2019 Application/Registration No.
- Valid Mobile number & E-mail ID in which the OTP will be sent for completing the registration process.
- Scanned copy of recent passport size color photograph of the candidate with white background containing signature of the candidate in a small white sheet pasted just below the photograph (Not more than 70 KB size)
- Caste certificate to fill details regarding community, state & district, if belongs to OBC/SC/ST category.
- Scanned copy of Bank Challan Form indicating clearly the Challan No. and other details(For General, EWS and OBC candidates only)
- Scanned copies of all certificates (Qualifications, CLAT-2019
Registration/application slip, Identity proof etc.)
- No changes shall be allowed once the candidate has saved and submitted her/his online application.
- All correspondence with the registered candidates shall be done through the registered E-mail/Mobile only. The candidates are required to keep the registered E-mail and active at least for one year and also the Mobile Number for receiving OTP and other information.
- All information regarding candidates regarding uploading the scanned certificates, shortlisted for interviews and interview call letter etc. shall be available on the website of ONGC-www.ongcindia.com.Interview Call letters either will be downloadable from ONGC Website or will be sent through Email. No separate Interview Call Letters shall be sent to the candidates by post.
- The sole responsibility of uploading the scanned copies of certificates and downloading and printing of Interview call letter shall be that of the candidate.
- Candidates must enter the same name in the same configuration as they have entered while applying for CLAT-2019 examination for LLM. For example, if the candidate has entered his name as Praveen Kumar Singh in the ON-LINE CLAT-2019, he must enter Praveen Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to ONGC online. He must not enter P K Singh or Praveen K Singh etc.
- IMPORTANT DATES:
|a||Start date for receiving online application||15th March 2019(Tentative)|
|b||Start date for payment of registration fee|
|c||Last date for payment of registration fee and receipt of on line application||09.04.2019|
|d||Schedule of interviews||1st week of August,2019(Tentative)|
- GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Candidates are advised to go through the detailed instructions of CLAT-2019 examination for LLM and the detailed advertisement of ONGC very carefully. On some of the parameters the criteria of CLAT-2019 and ONGC differ. The eligibility of candidates, writing CLAT-2019 examination for career in ONGC will be as par para 2.
- Mere issue of call letter to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by ONGC. Till such time the candidature is provisional and ONGC takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview.
- Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after recruitment or joining if any information provided by the candidate is found false or is not in conformity with eligibility criteria.
- Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards laid down under ONGC’s Medical Examination of Employees Rules, 1996. Details of the rules are available on ONGC’s website ongcindia.com
- Candidates can go through the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)” at www.ongcindia.com.
- The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India or abroad.
- Candidates employed in PSUs and Government departments will be required to produce No Objection Certificate at the time of interview.
- For any dispute, Courts of New Delhi will have the jurisdiction.